Most of us go through life living in a city without knowing all the fun facts that make things why they are or how they got to be there. Often times when I'm showing houses in Cape Coral to one of our buyers, I often times find myself playing tour guide and pointing out all the cool little facts about Cape Coral. Well, here are some of them for those of you who have not had the opportunity to visit the Cape...and a refresher for those of you already here. Did you know that:
1. Cape Coral is only 42 years young. That's right, Cape Coral was not incorporated until 1970
2. Cape Coral is the 3rd largest city in Florida...by land mass that is
3. Cape Coral has a waterpark! That's right, Sunsplash Waterpark is located in the heart of Cape Coral.
4. Cape Coral has over 400 miles of canals. That's even more than Venice Italy!
5. The First Road in Cape Coral was Del Prado Blvd, followed by Cape Coral Pkwy
And for my big finale....
Did you know that Cape Coral Real Estate was ranked by Forbes Magazine as one of the top 25 places to retire in 2012? They cited the Cape's great year round weather, no state income tax (love this one), low cost of living and home affordability. They tossed in good air quality to top it off.
Well there you have it. Some fun facts about Cape Coral you may or may not have known. Keep checking back for some great information on all the areas in Lee and Collier Counties. And if you want to add some fun facts of your own go ahead and click the comment button.